Surrey Immigration Lawyer

We can represent you in the following immigration matters: 

  1. Family sponsorship or permanent residency applications 

  2. Find out how you can sponsor your spouse, child, parents, orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild 

  1. Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident alone in Canada?  Find out how you can sponsor one relative, related to you by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all the conditions. 

  2. Tourist visa applications 

  1. Student permit applications 

Find out about studying in Canada, work while studying 

  1. Post graduate work permit applications (PGWP) 

After successfully finishing your studies in Canada, find out how you can apply  for post graduate work permit that will help you gain Canadian work experience so you can stay in Canada as permanent resident.   

  1. Appeal to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB), such as family sponsorship appeal, residency obligation appeal  

  1. Judicial Review of refused permanent resident applications such spousal sponsorship application; temporary resident applications such as tourist visa applications, work permit applications, student permit applications, post graduate work permit applications. 

  1. If you lost your appeal to the Immigration Refugee Board of Canada, or your application for work permit, study permit, post graduate work permit was refused, you may file a judicial review of such refusal before the Federal Court of Canada. 

  1. If this is your situation, you should act quickly as filing for judicial review is time sensitive.  You only have 15 days (for immigration matters arising within Canada) or 60 days (for immigration matters arising outside Canada) after the day on which you are notified or become aware of the refusal to file your application for leave and for judicial review before the Federal Court of Canada. 

  1. Please note that judicial review of refused visa applications, for instance, is not an appeal.  Although your judicial review is granted, this does not necessarily mean that your application for a visa, for instance, will also be granted.  If your judicial review is granted, your file will only be remanded to the visa office that initially refused your application for a redetermination by a different visa officer, who may still refuse your visa application.